Friday, March 18, 2011

What shall I do now?


What am I to do now?
I stand, suddenly, my world goes black and I fall down again.
There appears to be no end to this living nightmare.
So what do I do?
The choices are there- to live with this or end it.
The only choice is life, which means a daily fight-
One that is possible, but sometimes seems impossible.
But though the fight will be long, and hard, and even if it means walking through hell itself, I will fight.
And, Lord, with you at my side, giving  me strength,
Preparing a table with the bread of life and the wine of salvation before this horrible, invisible enemy, I will prevail.
If I survive, it is with your grace. If this disease takes my life, I will live in you.
Either way, Lord, one day, you shall free me.
Then, I shall walk and not faint, run and not be weary, for there I shall be free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment