Thursday, April 14, 2011

Through the lens

I've seen it a hundred times, the fear in others eyes when I come to after fainting.
To me, the fall is normal-
I stand and then, in the blink of an eye, I fall, flying through space for a moment before coming crashing down like a stone or a cartoon character who has just discovered that he walked off a cliff unwittingly.
I come to, on a carpet, or a hardwood floor with people staring at me.
Thier eyes are wide with fear for me.
But I never thought I would see that fear in my own eyes.
I watch the scene the camera has captured, the video of the fall
Standing one minute, my face changes, my eyes stare blankly, as though all thought is slowing down, already preparing for the fall,
And then it happens- I fall.
It is frightening to watch, but now I finally understand the fear of others, but only through the lens.
For though I see it in what the camera captures, I know I will fall again, but I know I will rise again and one day, I can face it without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment