Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Mother's Love


A Mother’s Love

It is a law of nature that few forces on this earth are as powerful as the love of a mother for her child.
It doesn’t matter how old the child is- the child can be an infant, taking his first breath, a four year old who needs to be held, a teenager who needs her mother in times of sickness.
And, yes, even older- even forty or fifty.
And it is said that mothers will do incredible, impossible things to help their children-
They will walk through fire, think nothing of getting on a plane, do all in their power.
I recently witnessed this power in my own mother, though it was not directed at me,
But at her oldest and first born son. She told me she would not have done this surgery, or gone through this much pain if it hadn’t been for the fact that she felt the need to help this adult, who is still her child and is still her child fighting a disease he won’t acknowledge.
But despite that, she will help him still.
And in that moment, I knew- I knew that my mother had done the same for me.
 I learned that neither heaven or hell or any actions could ever remove this love.
No matter what we do, she loves us.
Even when she shouldn’t, even though others give up, she loves us.
In that one moment, I knew one thing for sure- we will be ok.
And I prayed that my brother will come to realize how fortunate he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment