Sunday, July 24, 2011

Poem- "God will provide"


“God will provide,” said a man of great faith-
“Do not worry, my child, He will provide.”
However, in this world of strife and sickness,
These words too often ring hollow-
Plans go awry, a dream of my future dies,
I am writhing in agony or inexplicably falling through space.
And all the while, I try to believe these words, for I know they are true.
As I fall to the floor once more, terrifying those who look upon me,
Scaring even those whom I hold most dear, I remember the words.
And suddenly, I understand, like Jacob struggling with the angel, I limp away.
And in the clear moment, I realize something, these words are true.
God does provide- not in the way I want him too- not in great miracles,
But, in the small voice of quietness, he speaks.
And as I listen, I learn.
God has provided, in a thousand little ways,
He has given me a loving family.
He has given me wonderful friends, whose mere presence makes life better,
Yes, a dream and a career were cut short through illness,
Yes, I fall a thousand times, but in all of them,I have been lucky.
And in the joy and struggles of this world,
I remember the one who taught me this, who made me, who knows me,
And who will provide.
And even if I fall again, I will fall into the arms of friends
Or, on one glorious day, I will fall into the arms of angels, to a place
Where these maladies are healed, where I can walk and not faint,
And he provided all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment