Saturday, August 13, 2011

Trench warfare?


Here I am again- standing on this battlefield that is my life.
Trying to run from one trench to another, to reach safety and hold back the relentless and merciless enemy.
I stand- paralyzed with pain and fear-between two trenches.
I feel the pain explode like a shell and stand as the force of it attempts to fell me.
My heart races and I fall into the darkness. .
I come to on the ground and crawl to the trench, where it is slightly safer.
This battle has no grand name; no treaties will be signed to end the war.
No heroic songs will be sung for the soldiers here.
For this field is unlike any other- this field is a body and this is the battle between pain and darkness, between pain and fainting.
I touch the cross in my pocket and know that I will be at peace one day. One blessed day this field shall turn from red to green and all shall be made right in God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment