Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dora: not just a medical alert dog

Dora decided to branch out and try her skills at being a fire, or at least a canine smoke detector this week. I loaded the dishwasher Thursday morning. It sounded kind of funny, but I just thought that a glass or spoon was shifting in the washer. I went into the living room to sit down. I didn't think anything of the noise at all.

About five minutes later, Dora started going crazy and running between me and the kitchen, specifically between me and the dishwasher. I got up to see what was going on. I went into the kitchen and Dora stopped in front of the dishwasher. It felt hot and there was a faint smell of smoke. I opened the dishwasher and discovered that a plastic Tupperware lid had fallen down and was interfering with the heating unit. I took it out, let the washer cool down, then started it again. The dishes got clean and Dora got to prove that she is a really good fire dog. I suggested she check in with the fire station down the block, but the position was taken. She also said she loved the variety of skills she is learning around me.

So here is to Dora, the amazing fire and fainting detection dog!

Go with God
sconesail

1 comment:

  1. Falls can happen at any time–even as soon as today, but if you have Medical Alert than you could just press the button and you will get a fast & professional response from highly trained staff like this guys here - http://www.freedommedicalalert.com/ . Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete