Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poem: Falling Sickness


Falling Sickness


I know well that this term was used to describe epilepsy,
Though I don’t have the diseases, I now claim this term for my own.
Everything is fine, the world is bright, and friends are living life, but here I am again.
I stand in the sun and suddenly, it happens- I turn pale and slowly fall to the ground.
I come to and wonder if I will rise again.
But the one who gives life, gives me strength to fight again.
And so I live in fear and hope.
In fear that I am not ok, in fear that one day I will not rise, that the ground will be my home- that I will lie with my family near a deserted church founded by an ancestors,
A life that is too short, a victim of disease that none can cure.
I live in hope that I will rise, that this disease will be banished from my body and I will fall no more, or if I do, I shall fall in the loving arms of angels and friends and saints.
There must be some purpose to this disease and so I ask once more for you to lead to me Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment