Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fighting through rough times- more coping skills

The past week has been exceptionally rough, well really horrific, on the migraine and fainting fronts. No sooner do I get up, than I am falling through space again. It is extremely frustrating and exhausting. But, I will survive. I know I have written on coping mechanisms before- but here are a few more that have helped me though this week.


1. Movies- preferably some form of historical violence or just a good series.
2. Books- sci-fi/ fantasy and thrillers have kept me sane when I have been unable to sleep.
3. Friends- especially the ones who are willing to listen to you and, if they have to, threaten to drag you out of your cocoon and get you to do something or simply commiserate in plans.
4. Throwing myself into a new project. I am moving in a few weeks- I think this will be a very good thing- and let's face it, retail therapy is sometimes cheaper than the ER or pharmacy.
5. Faith- basically living on a wing and a prayer here and hoping to come out on top.

I think that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment